There's been a flurry of fun and activity this month in Math in Your Feet land! Here's a wrap-up of the new things happening, including updates to the Math in Your Feet website and other projects I'm involved in:
- Have you booked a residency or a workshop? There is now a Program Materials page so you can read, download and/or print student materials before a workshop or residency.
- I'm excited to announce the launch of Teaching Artist Tool Shop, a collective of artists, teaching artists and arts educators. We are producing videos and other materials that present concrete, interesting and useful teaching tools that derive from years of practical experience and engage theoretical ideas that are firmly rooted in
practice. You can see my first video on the Teaching Artist Tool Shop Page, and access the video guide and overview there as well.
- I was recently invited to become a regular contributor to the Moebius Noodles blog, a leader in adventurous, rich math experiences for babies, toddlers, young children and their adults! You can read more about my writing and
editing projects here.
- I'll be presenting about Math in Your Feet at TEDxBloomington on March 22, 2013. If you're not in Bloomington at that time, don't worry! It'll be live-streamed the day of and archived on YouTube!
- Some fun new posts on the blog include building multiplication towers in the post Messin' Around with the Commutative Property and an exciting new math book I found that deals with both multiplication and scale in the post Ten Times Better, Longer, Faster, Farther: Understanding Scale.
For that matter, you might also be interested in the aha! moment my daughter had about units in the post When is a 10 not a 10? or perhaps you're looking for some good math games? Don't miss my post My Favorite Math Games and Interactives: Online & Off!
Phew! That's a LOT! I hope the New Year is getting off to a great start for you as well!
All the best,